Christmas might be looking a little bit different this year for many of us. Whether you’re spending the day with family, flatmates or celebrating with loved ones on Zoom, why not make it special with a designer dress hire? The best pieces to rent for the Christmas period are the ones that makes you feel excited to put them on. When it comes to dress rental, think luxe fabrics, glam details and unusual silhouettes worthy of a special day. Or maybe a jumpsuit or top to pair with jeans is more your thing? Read on for your Endless Wardrobe guide to all things rental this festive season…
1 Dec 2020
Rent and Be Merry This Christmas Season
Why should I rent a dress online this Christmas?
Chances are you will have done a fair bit of working from home this year. And when we say wfh, we often mean working from PJs or loungewear. So wouldn’t it feel rather lovely to slip into something a little more festive to mark the Christmas holiday? Rather than splurge on a one-time-only piece for the big day, do your wallet and the planet a favour with a rented piece you can enjoy for 4, 10 or 16 days and then simply pop back in the post for us to take care of the rest.
Plus, this year we’ve extended the rental period so you’re not stressing about posting your pieces back on a bank holiday. If you do the sums, that means you get to keep your rental for an extra couple of days giving you even more styling opportunities. So you can pair that Whistles A-line leather mini skirt with a velvet crop top for Christmas Eve and a cosy knit for Boxing Day (with a stunning De La Vali dress for Christmas Day sandwiched in between).
How does dress rental work?
It’s easy. Simply browse by date, filter by size and collection and pick your favourite piece. Add to your basket, pick your rental period (how long you’d like to rent the piece for), sit back and wait for it to arrive. You can wear the piece as many times as you like during that time and then just pop it back in the reusable mail bag and send it back via your nearest DPD drop-off point or Post Office. We’ll handle the dry cleaning and all the boring bits, leaving you to handle a glass of fizz and a game of charades.
Plus, you’ll get a full refund on any unworn items so have a try-on at home and simply keep the swing tags and ribbon on any items you don’t end up wearing.
If you do fall in love with your rental and decide you’ll wear it on rotation for the rest of your life - it happens - don’t despair. Endless Wardrobe is the only platform to offer three ways to shop each item: rent, buy new or buy good as new. So you can take the piece for a spin as a rental and then decide to keep forever with the rental fee discounted from the purchase price. Or, if you find a piece you instantly know you’ll wear over and over, you can choose to buy it new or pre-loved straight off the bat as a little Christmas gift from you to you. The choice is yours.
Top 5 Dresses to Rent This Christmas
1. Spotted Metallic Trapeze Dress, Whistles: We’re starting strong with this shimmering showstopper. A tiered silhouette for all the volume and a sexy, cut-away neckline for extra party season glamour. The silver spots also look fab with white trainers and a chunky knit thrown over the top to take you into Boxing Day and beyond.
2. Mandarin Dress, AlexaChung: This cool-girl take on cheongsam style for Alexa’s namesake label is a silky satin vision finished off with dreamy pearl buttons. Just as cute with black tights and platforms as bare legs and biker boots. Try both!
3. Ohio Midi Dress, De La Vali: Make like the red dress emoji this Christmas in this silky satin beauty. Puff sleeve detail, low neckline and thigh split bring drama aplenty all buttoned up with contrast black detailing. Style with strappy sandals for indoor vibes or chunky boots and a shacket for a post-lunch stroll.
4. Pachino Dress, De La Vali: The sassiest choice for the big day, this puff-shouldered mini with high neck is nothing less than major. Go all out and match your lipstick and nails to the contrast red piping. Afterall, it’s Christmas…right?
5. Road to Ruin Gold Mini Slip Dress, AlexaChung: There’s nothing we don’t love about this high-shine metallic houndstooth mini dress. Channel serious nineties vibes with bare legs, mules and messy hair. Or, size up and pop a black polo underneath for fireside snuggles.
And our Top 5 Other Festive Faves
1. Take a Break Halter, Free People: Nothing says festive opulence like black and red velvet. This nineties-inspired halter with cinched waist, cutaway shoulders and keyhole detailing has all the makings of a Christmas Day triumph. We love it paired with high-waist bootcut jeans or relaxed wide leg pants.
2. Velvet Open Back Top, Free People: The party is well and truly in the back with this gorgeous bow detail velvet top. A corset style bodice and exaggerated sleeves make for party season perfection. Pair with high-waist jeans one day and a silk slip skirt the next for ultimate wearability.
3. Yours Truly Velvet Top, Free People: This is the top we’ve been wearing in our Christmas dreams. Rose pink velvet, puff sleeves, open back and lace detailing equals pretty, festive perfection. Looks as good with high waist pants as a silk midi skirt. Yes please.
4. Harper Printed One Piece, Free People: Seventies Bohemian meets festive chic in this super unique one piece. As comfy as it is sexy, this slinky little number with bell sleeves and cinched waist belt will see you through from chopping carrots to post-fizz dancing. Now that’s our kind of party piece.
5. Leather A-Line Skirt, Whistles: Plum-hued leather screams festive chic whilst the flattering A-line silhouette is the perfect partner for camis, high neck tops or cosy knits for walking off the turkey (or veggie Wellington). This truly is one of the most versatile pieces you could rent this Christmas.
Is it just us, or are things feeling very festive all of a sudden? Nothing like some metallic houndstooth, velvet ruffles and trapeze dress drama to get us in the mood. Now you’ve been briefed on the top styles to rent this season, why not go and have a browse? You can browse the entire collection of dresses, skirts, tops, jumpers and jumpsuits right now on Endless Wardrobe.
May your dreams come true and your wardrobe be endless this Christmas!